SALVO Explosives manufactures a complete range of new generation Large Diameter Cartridge Explosives which are versatile, optimum strength slurry explosive suited for blasting various rock formations in coal, iron ore, copper, bauxite, limestone and other mining and in civil projects, and for large hole stopping in underground metal mines. It is most effectively used as column / base charge in combination with as prime charge. Usually used in hard and tough conditions.
Based on the sensitivity and strength four type large diameter cartridged explosive products are available
- Thunder Bolt: A medium strength cap-sensitive, aluminized gelled slurry explosive.
- Block Buster : A high strength cap-sensitive, aluminized gelled slurry explosive.
- Salvo Column: A high strength aluminized booster-sensitive gelled slurry explosive.
- Salvo Power: A low strength aluminized booster-sensitive gelled slurry explosive
- Versatile product for use in all strata conditions
- Optimum strength, density and VOD for uniform fragmentation.
- Excellent bore hole coupling for maximum energy transfer to rock.
- Enhanced safety against mechanical impact and friction.
- Superior water resistance providing reliability in watery strata / bore holes. Superior storage and thermal stability.
As a main charge in Large Diameter hold blasting in Open Cast Mines, Quarries, Hydel Projects, Canals and other Civil Excavations.
|Product||Normal Density (g/cc)||Strength AWS (cal/g)||VOD Confined (m/sec)||DIA (mm)||Packing (min/kg)||Application|
|Salvo Power||1.20 to 1.25||1000||3400 to 3700||83, 125 & 200||83/2.78, 125/6.25, 200/12.5||As Bottom Charge in Medium Hard Formation.|
|Block Buster||1.15 to 1.20||1050||4250 to 4500||83, 125 & 200||83/2.78, 125/6.25, 200/12.5||As Primer Booster in Hard Formation, Excellent Booster for ANFO.|
|Thunder Bolt||1.15 to 1.20||1000||4250 to 4500||83,125 & 200||83/2.78, 125/6.25, 200/12.5||As Primer Booster in Medium Hard Formations.|
|Salvo Column||1.20 to 1.25||1000||3400 to 3700||83, 125 & 200||83/2.78, 125/6.25, 200/12.5||As Bottom Charge in Hard Formation.|
SALVO SUPER: A high strength cap-sensitive aluminized slurry explosive
Salvo Explosives & Chemicals Pvt. Ltd. manufactures Salvosuper, a high strength cap-sensitive aluminized slurry explosives suitable for use in most types of blasting applications using small and medium diameter drill holes of 25 mm, 32mm, 40mm, 50mm, 63mm,75mm & 110mm. It’s high strength and high velocity of detonation ensure good fragmentation in hard strata and Salvosuper gives excellent blast results in quarrying, underground stoping, read cutting, canal excavation and secondary blasting. Salvosuper is highly suitable for tunneling, underground excavations in civil construction and seismic prospecting work.
Salvosuper rigid gel enables cutting of cartridges without causing any spillage of gel. Rigid gel also ensures good handling and poses no difficulty in loading upward facing drill holes. The superior gel structure ensures that the strength and sensitivity are retained when stored for long periods.
- Does not contain any explosive ingredients.
- Does not contain any headache causing ingredients.
- Relatively insensitive to accidental initiation due to impact,friction and fire. Hence very safe duringhandling,usage, transportation & storage.
- High strength and high velocity of detonation (VOD) ensures good blast results.
- Excellent water resistance- can be used in watery boreholes.
- Excellent fume characteristics- upon detonation generate very low levels of toxic after blast fumes.
- Superior gel structure eliminates possibility of leakage during the recommended shelf life. Upon long storage, product becomes innocuous and thus safe.
|Density||1.15 – 1.25 g/cc|
|VOD||3800 – 4500 m/sec(unconfined)|